April 2023 Diet Examination RegistrationJanuary 12, 2023
Approved First Batch List for Associate ApplicantsMarch 10, 2023
REGISTRATION OF TAX PROFESSIONALS (CITN) WITH FINANCIAL REPORTING COUNCIL OF NIGERIA (FRCN)
In furtherance of our statutory mandate to ensure professionalism and compliance with relevant standards guiding the tax profession, members are hereby enjoined to register with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) pursuant to Rule 2 and Section 8 (2), 30 and 53 (2) of the FRCN Act, No. 6 of 2011.
The FRC is responsible for, among other things, developing and publishing accounting and financial reporting standards to be observed in the preparation of financial statements of public entities in Nigeria; and for related matters.
Please be informed that members of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria are qualified to register with FRCN under Assurance.
Documents required for registration are as follows:
- Passport photograph of the applicant/professional.
- A valid means of identification (International passport, NIN slip or national identity card, voter’s card, drivers’ license).
- A scanned copy of the professional/applicant’s signature.
- Professional certificate or Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) status report or letter of appointment or minutes of meeting where the applicant was duly appointed (as the case may be).
Procedure to follow for registration:
- Log on to https://registration.frcnigeria.gov.ng
- Select Click here to Register
- Choose a unique Username (preferably your full name).
- Input your email address (this will be used for future correspondences).
- Choose your preferred registration type (Individual Professional).
- Choose a password (Must Contain 8 Characters, One Uppercase, One Lowercase, One Number, and One Special Case Character, e.g. @,#,&, etc.) and select Continue to proceed to the registration form.
- Fill in all columns in:
- KYC Verification section and upload a valid means of identification.
- Section A – Personal Data Section: Here, upload applicant’s passport photograph.
- Section B – Categories Section: Here, select your preferred category in line with your role and/or services you render, as well as supporting documentation, e.g. professional certificate, letter of appointment, etc.
- Section C – Professional Education: Here, upload professional certificate or letter of appointment or minutes of meeting where the applicant was appointed (as the case may be).
- Section D – Reputation & Character: Here, check the relevant boxes.
- Section E - Declaration: Here, upload applicant’s scanned signature.
- Preview and submit your form and proceed to make payment by choosing your preferred means of payment.
Amount payable for registration
- CITN members registration
Tax practitioners are to pay N25,000 only for assurance
- Dual/Multiple registration: Members who intend to register with the certificates of more than one professional body will pay N25,000 per professional certificate.
For more information, members are advised to please visit the FRCN website https://registration.frcnigeria