2023 COUNCIL ELECTION: NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
This is to inform all members that pursuant to the provisions of Schedule 1, Paragraph 5 of the Institute’s Act No. 76 of 1992 relating to the conduct of elections into Council, four (4) seats would become vacant. The following members of Council will retire at the 2023 Annual General Meeting scheduled to hold on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, and the four (4) are eligible for re-election in accordance with Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the First Schedule to the CITN Act.
The retiring Members are:
- Ruth Oluwabamike AROKOYO (Mrs.), FCTI
- Ezekiel Kolawole BABARINDE, FCTI
- Cecilia Odenafenale ODIBO (Mrs.), FCTI
- Taopheeq Ade-Tunde ORETUGA, FCTI
All intending contestants should acquaint themselves with the following election parameters:
- Intending contestants should be members who can add value to the goals and objectives of the Institute; knowledgeable, experienced and whose specialisation is in any of the following areas:
- Tax practice
- Tax administration
- Political science
- Accounting/ forensic accounting
- Information and Communication Technology
- Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
The Council reserves the right to invoke its power under section 5 of the CITN Act to waive a condition not expressly provided in the Charter without prejudice to the fact that it should not waive more than two conditions in appropriate cases upon an application made to it by the applicant in writing.
Nomination for 2023 Council election should be completed online on or before 5pm on Friday March 31, 2023.