ACCREDITATION OF SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS
The policy is put in place for CITN District Societies and Organizations who wish to organize programmes for the Institute's accreditation of such programs for the award of credit hours. Application for Accreditation of Seminar/Workshop, which shall be from a financial member of the Institute should be addressed to the Registrar/Chief Executive and accompanied with the following:
- A sum of N100,000 as registration fee for organizations other than FIRS and State Boards of Internal Revenue Service
- A sum of N200,000 as registration fee for FIRS and State Boards that may wish to explore this opportunity
- Date and venue of the programme
- The theme of the programme /course outline/topics
- Contact Hours (Total number of lectures delivering hours)
- Course programme, reflecting the duration of each paper
- Resume of resource persons
- Target Audience
- Expected number of participants
- Name of the course coordinator
- Seminar papers should be forwarded three weeks before the date of the seminar for evaluation
- All organizations having their training programmes outside Lagos would be responsible for the expenses of the Committee member(s) (Maximum of two members) that would attend to evaluate such training
- Evidence of original attendance of members through attendance sheets signed by participants
All requests for local and international accreditation must also comply with the above criteria for assessment before credit hours can be allocated to such seminars or workshops.
COLLABORATION SEMINAR/WORKSHOP PROGRAMMES WITH THIRD PARTIES
The Institute opens its arms of fellowship to Firms, Corporate and Government entities to collaborate on Training, Seminar and Workshop programmes subject to the terms herewith outlined below:
- The Institute shall grant the use of its name and logo on materials required for approved workshop/seminar only
- The Institute's marketing activities shall be restricted to approval for the use of its name and logo. Where any officer of the Institute is requested to deliver a keynote address and/or declare a workshop/seminar open or close, participate in meetings (determined on its merit) with targeted participants whether individual or corporate organizations, the associated cost of making the officer available shall be defrayed by the other party,
- Opinion(s) expressed or positions taken by any facilitator or group of facilitators or participants/discussants shall NOT be ascribed to The Institute. The Institute shall therefore not be liable for breach of contract with any third party or any action or inactions resulting from activities of the other party,
- The Institute's share of proceeds shall be 10% of gross revenue subject to a minimum of N50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira) only while all the costs would be borne by the other party,
- The requesting party shall be responsible for all other logistics including remuneration of facilitators,
- The Institute will provide seasoned resource persons for all the topics, and
- The Institute shall award MPTP credit hours to its members that are in attendance at the Workshop/Seminar.
COLLABORATION SEMINAR/WORKSHOP PROGRAMMES WITH OTHER PROFESSIONAL BODIES
The Institute shall collaborate with other professional bodies on the terms listed below:
- The parties shall collaborate to jointly organize seminars/workshops periodically on a date(s) to be agreed on by the Parties.
- The projected Income and expenditure for the seminar shall be prepared and approved by the Parties before the take-off of the Seminar.
- The sources of income shall be through contributions by the Parties, sponsorship and participation fees.
- The Parties shall fix the Seminar participation fee.
- All revenues and expenditures about the Seminar shall be shared equally among the parties.
- All expenditures towards the seminar shall be agreed upon before they are incurred.
- All revenue whether in cash or cheques concerning the Seminar shall be received and receipted as appropriate for accounting and reconciliation.
- In the event of a net loss or surplus from the Seminar, the same shall be shared equally among the parties.
- The Parties shall act reasonably and with utmost good faith towards ensuring the success of the Seminar.
- All issues outside the aforestated relating to the Seminar shall be agreed upon by the parties before they can be implemented.
IN - HOUSE TRAINING
This programme is designed to train members of the Institute in organizations who by their duties and positions cannot attend the structured MPTP. It is also targeted at organizations employing a large number of members of the Institute and those aiming at updating the skills and knowledge of their other workforce.
Requirements for In - House Training Programme Organization's Responsibility:
- The organization will propose topics from the Institute's MPTP approved manual as it deems fit.
- The organization is at liberty to propose suitable facilitators from the Institute pool of facilitators for the topics. This will, however, be subject to the Institute's review to the topics to be presented and agreed to by the Organization.
- The organization will be responsible for the venue and entertainment of participants, organizers and facilitators at the programme.
- The date for the training will be agreed by both parties
- The Institute shall bear the honoraria for the facilitators
- Training materials and certificate will be presented to participants at the programme
- The Institute will award appropriate MPTP Credit Hours to participants who are members of the Institute.
- The duration of the Institute's MPTP training programmes is one day.
- Training fee is N30,000 for each member of the Institute and N40,000 for non-members.
- The minimum required number of participants per training is 50
- The price may vary if participants are less than 50
COURSES, RESOURCES, CONTENT AND DELIVERY STRATEGIES
The Institutes' courses have been structured in such a way that will technically and professionally equip participants to face the emerging challenges in tax practice and administration, using Information Technology (IT) as a tool. The adoption of this approach is intended to ensure that necessary and adequate data are fed through the information process to avoid unwarranted liabilities while ensuring adequate disclosure. The Institute shall make the MPTP training booklet as well as presentation slides available to registered participants for each programme. Additional materials and presentations made in other zones will be displayed for members purchase at subsidized fees.
|Visual MPTP (Member & Non-Member)
|N 7,000.00 (per paper)
- One Day Seminar
- Members =N=16,500.00
- Non-Members =N=20,000.00
- Two days Seminar
- Members =N=28,000.00
- Non-Members =N=38,000.00
EXECUTIVE SEMINARS FEE
- One Day Seminar
- Members =N=25,000.00
- Non-Members =N=35,000.00
- Two days Seminar
- Members =N=50,000.00
- Non-Members =N=75,000.00
Payment could be made on-line or by direct lodgment to the Institute's bank account (Access Bank Account No: 0041893766) or with Certified Bank Draft on or before the date of each programme Please note that a copy of the teller should be tendered for issuance of the official receipt. Participants are advised to register early for the MPTP, Seminars and Workshops as preparations for participants would be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Note also that MPTP, seminar and workshop materials will only be in electronic format