COMMENCEMENT OF COMPUTER-BASED TEST EXAMINATION
Dear Esteemed Student,
The Institute commenced Computer-Based Test (CBT) with Foundation level in the last April 2021 examination diet. This was to align the Institute with global best practices that now obtains through technology.
Also, the migration from paper-based to CBT has helped the Institute to save more time during its examination processes, reduced the subjectivity of the examination, as well as assisted to achieve efficiency and effectiveness during the process.
Therefore, there is a need for all Foundation candidates of CITN to be computer literate, that is, acquaint themselves with the use of the computer system before the conduct of this new model of examination.
Please, note that the question comes in form of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) and Short Answers Questions (SAQ). Any other information relating to this will be passed across to you as soon as required.
The DOs and DON’Ts of CITN Computer-Based Tests (Remote Online Proctoring)
- Ensure that the test must be taken in a well-lit room
- It is advisable that the Test be done on a computer with a working webcam and a working microphone
- The Test must be done using a computer with internet connectivity
- Test should be taken in an environment free of noise and disturbance
- Writing materials and pen are allowed
- You must have a valid ID available. This should either be uploaded or put up to the webcam when instructed
- Please ensure you have a strong Internet connection and sufficient data.
- Do not for any reason leave your computer once you have commenced your test
- Do not communicate with anyone once the test starts
- Do not minimize your screen or switch to any other web page once the test starts
- All communication devices (e.g., Smart phones, Tabs, iPads, etc.) should be kept away before the test starts
- Do not make or receive phone calls once the test starts
- Do not have anyone accompany you or sit next to you once the test starts
- There should be no external assistance from anybody, that is, the test must be done without any form of assistance
- Do not obstruct the webcam at anytime
- Do not use a mobile device such as phone for this test
- Do not wear a nose mask for this test
- Do not leave your seat intermittently
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Online Proctored Test
1. How do I know that my computer meets the requirements for the Test?
Kindly go to https://network-test.talview.com and check your computer suitability before the test.
Note: Under “network”, the most important criteria are relay connectivity, host connectivity, data throughput and video bandwidth.
2. Why is it showing me a black blank page after accepting the terms of Proview Remote Cognitive Proctoring?
Please check your internet connection and ensure that you access the test using the secure URL, i.e https://candidate.fot.com.ng/test
3. Is there an alternative provision for calculator?
If the assessment you are taking requires a calculator, one will be automatically provided on the test page.
4. Questions are not displaying?
Once you have completed all pretest checks, go through the test instructions and then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right to proceed to answer questions.
5. Can only view “Attempt all questions”, “Next” button not showing?
The “Next” button would be at the bottom right of the test screen. Use the Control-minus keys to zoom out.
6. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you. Your password is case-sensitive.
7. Must the laptop have a webcam and why do I need a webcam for the test?
A webcam is a compulsory requirement as this would be used to record and monitor your test.
8. Can I upload a scanned ID card?
Yes, you can upload a scanned ID card before starting the test.
9. Can I make use of an iPad in place of laptop for the test?
No, only computers can be used for the test.
10. Getting response that I am not currently scheduled for an assessment?
This could be because you are trying to login outside of your schedule testing duration or you have already completed the test.
11. The page keeps loading
All settings take a couple of minutes to load. Slow loading is as a result of internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.
12. Webcam unable to capture ID card and face properly?
Ensure you are in a room with proper lighting. Also, ensure you are properly positioned in front of the webcam. During the test, ensure you limit unnecessary face movement.
13. Audio detect page is hanging
Please check that the computer you are using does not have any hardware issues.
14. Unable to submit and logged out
Please check your internet connection. Ensure all uploads get to 100% and the “Test Completed Successfully” is displayed before closing the page.
15. I tried to login but got a notification: “You are not currently scheduled for an assessment.”
Please check your test invitation and ensure that you are logging at the test date and time indicated on your invite.
16. I tried to login but got a notification: “Invalid username or password”
Your password is case sensitive. Please ensure you carefully type exactly what is shown on your test invitation.
17. I clicked on the “Take Test” button but it is not working.
This is due to a poor internet connection. Please ensure you are using a fast internet connection and try again.
18. I tried to submit my assessment but got the notification: “Error in submission”.
This is as a result of a poor internet connection. Do not close the test window. Try to submit again while ensuring that your network is stable.
19. I have downloaded the Safe Exam Browser as I was directed to do so in my test invitation. However, when I try to launch it I get the notification: “You have installed Safe Exam Browser (SEB) but it isn’t configured yet.”
You were instructed to install the Safe Exam Browser (SEB) before the test date; not to configure it. The message above confirms that you have successfully installed it. The Safe Exam Browser will only be required once your test has commenced. Please follow all instructions stated in your test invitation.